Saturday, July 08, 2006

Attempt at food blogging

I have been cooking quite a bit these days, and visiting food blogs. A friend of mine even started one! But since I dont have the dedication for a single topic, I decided to include something I made into this one.

So here's a no-nonsense no loss in calories or brain cells dessert.

I call it the

Easy Lazy Pineapple Dessert. (How imaginative)

The original recipe is taken from the Food Network, something I saw on my flight back from New York.

My recipe uses a pie crust as a base, because I dont have bowls in the house. I also did not use rum, mascarpone cheese or pine nuts. But the essence of sauteing the pineapple is what I liked in the above mentioned recipe.

So,
The ingredients are:

1) Pie crust. ( the kinds you get next to the pillsbury biscuits in the breakfast section in the supermarket)

2) Crushed Pineapples.

3) Banana

4) Reddi Whip

5) Chopped Walnuts

Pre-heat oven at 450F for 10 mins, glaze a glass pan with butter and unroll the pie crust on to it. Cut into slices. Bake for 15 mins.

While thats going on, in a pan add 1 tsp butter and add the pineapple (drain the juice from the can) and the banana. Lightly saute for 6-7 mins and mash the banana at the end.

Cool.

Remove the crust from the oven. cool. Add the pineapple mix onto the pie crust to completely cover it. The circle the outside with reddiwhip and add one blob in the center and 5 around the center blob. (decor according to your taste =) ).

Add walnuts on the reddi whip. Generously.

Serve immediately, or the crust will become soggy.

I would have added a pic, but I ate it up and now theres none =( .. hehe no actually I have it, but I cant find my USB cord to upload the pic. Maybe next time.

Any improvements you can think of, please leave in the comments box, or email me!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me hungry

Anonymous said...

nice recipe sqrl ;) when do we get to sample it?
your food blogging friend

sqrlnt said...

hey food blogging friend!!! you found me! I do have another pie crust but I am still wondering which fruit to add next.. perhaps a berry medley...what say?

Anonymous said...

good to see you back

Jatin
www.twentyonwards.org

mandira said...

sounds good... pie and a marathon of Gray's Anatomy...
what say?

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

sqrlnt said...

Mandira, You want a Gray's anatomy marathon?? Are you sure???


http://www.graysanatomyonline.com/

Trivia.. thats the reason why the show is grEy's anatomy..

Even more useless trivia..my dad and his cousin werent talking to each other for 2 years in college because my dad lost her Gray's anatomy book :O :O..

they are on friendlier terms now..

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»