Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Movie Mania

'I am not a movie freak. A TV freak, maybe. But not a movie freak. But now that I am living with a movie freak, I find myself watching movies every single day. Well, almost. Last weekend, we watched Superman Returns, The Devil wears Prada and Don. Today I had a bad hedd-ek and yet put the Pyaar me Kabhi Kabhi' DVD into the player. I think I blacked out for a bit, because the next thing I remember was that the movie was over.

Why don't we start with PMKK. I know, it's an old movie, and everyone from that movie has moved on since. Sanjay Suri stands out in the movie for his 'normal' act, and so it isn't a surprise that he's got a few good roles. But for the rest, it's like that line from 'Friends': '.. it's not that your friend is bad,it's that she's so bad, she makes me want to put my finger through my eye into my brain and swirl it around.' (Scary, but true. Perhaps,the hedd-ek also played a role.)

Then we go on to Superman Returns. I didn't get it. I swear PMKK was better than Superman Returns. The guy playing Superman looks good, but I spent all my time trying to where I had seen that other guy. And then I was wondering, how is this all that different from Spiderman? this guy is a reporter, that guy is a freelancer, this guy wears a red suit, that guy wears a red suit, this guy has an old foster mom, that guy has an old aunt. I like Batman better than these two. Well, to have a rank order, I'd go Batty,Spidy and Soupy.

Then I saw Devil wears Prada. I am almost scared to admit, but I cried during the movie...(*averts eye contact due to utter embarrassment*). Well that's how good Meryl Streep is. I haven't read the book( I am not THAT much into chick-lit.. though I did enjoy 'Shopaholic'), but I have heard that the Devil was a lot more human in the movie than in the book. And of course, MS does a fantastic job of portraying the boss who wants things done her way. Her scene without the eye make-up and the final pursing of lips/ smile got me. And of course, it has yummy coats. ( Coats, bags and shoes are what I love. They don't betray you when you suddenly get fat.)

That's all.

Well, not exactly. There is another point to note: When at a dinner table, the bread is passed to the right. This does not hold true when some of the people at the dinner table are football fans.

4 comments:

Ash said...

I liked the "The Devil ... " :)

Sqrl/TA said...

yeah, ash! me too! i wasnt expecting to, so it came as a real pleasant suprise.:D

GratisGab said...

the book was a sweet read...slim and good air-travel fare...waiting to catch the movie...(we are DVD types)

Sqrl/TA said...

which book are u talking about Gabby? Devil/shopaholic?

both come in the same category, so its hard to tell. [:)]