Friday, January 05, 2007

My Phobia

I didn't know I had one until last month. I am actually scared of listening to voicemails. I would rather have people leave me a text message with their phone numbers than have to listen to voicemails.

The top reason is that I fear someone is going to call me and leave me a message saying there's going to be a meteor strike right next to my house and by the time I listen to the voicemail I wont have enough time to save myself.

Another fear is that it's my mom calling and giving me major emo blackmail about not answering her phone calls. (She does it every time, so it isn't really an unwarranted fear)

Maybe it's someone in my lab calling to let me know that my samples have been sitting on the bench for four hours and will be destroyed if I don't freeze them immediately.

It might be someone who loves to drone about what they did today, and asking me to call them back for more.

Well, thankfully, so far I haven't received voicemails for reasons 1 3 and 5, but I am so paranoid that it's going to happen anytime soon that I still fear voicemails.

5 comments:

Cm9 said...

Yes yes, you never call...you seem to have forgotten your parents...its ok ...they will manage to live without you...seems like their well-being is not important to you at all...I guess they will have to brace themselves for their old age...anyway you are a girl so kabhi na kabhi ghar chodd ke jaana tha...they should have known better...

you suck ... 90% of the time you are called it goes to voicemail. So instead of fearing them maybe youshould PICK UP YOUR STUPID PHONE so that people don't leave messages....

Sqrl/TA said...

Instead of writing hateful comments, it wouldnt hurt you to post once in a while.. otherwise i will unfriend you :P

busybuzz said...

Hurtful - HA! I am just using actual comments ( slightly modified :D)

manuscrypts said...

you know, comments are like voicemail too, in a way :)

sqrl said...

interesting manu, i think of them as voicemails.. do u want me to be scared of comments as well :-S