Monday, April 30, 2007

Getting featured on Desipundit

So i was going about my business like any other day today. The business included checking my site stats in the afternoon.. ( that's when the food induced coma sets in and the body needs time to rev up with a strong cup of coffee). When I saw the site stats summary I almost spilt my coffee. My page veiws had almost quadrupled.. (hmm well, zero times anything is zero.. so lets
put quadrupled as a 'increased big time' kind of a figure)

I couldnt figure out why. My darkest fear is that my secret identity has been discovered and all the people whom I have ever bitched about here are looking through my blog for incriminating evidence.. well, my fears were calmed and then calmness turned to ecstacy as I discovered I had been linked by none other than Desipundit.

Ohhh the delight. I felt like I was on top of the earth. Better yet, I felt like Rakhi Sawant who was wearing a Manish Malhotra creation reserved only for the likes of Rani Mukherjee and Kajol. I could not contain my emotions, I too, shed bucketloads of tears.

After struggling for ages, writing trite posts about making Sabudaana khichdi, and disappearing men, and some undiscovered gems ( in my opinion) like the Avastin Lucentis debate, it was finally Bigg Boss ki Rani Rakhi Sawant who helped me climb the ladder of blogging success.. being linked on Desipundit.

Of course, fame hasn't gone to my head, and I will still remain married, and I still want to have kids.. but thanks sweetie, you made me realise what Rakhi really felt when she got that fateful call from Kjo.

*sniff sniff*

6 comments:

Patrix said...

I felt like Rakhi Sawant who was wearing a Manish Malhotra creation reserved only for the likes of Rani Mukherjee and Kajol.

LOL! Perfectly described. But all thanks to Rakhi Sawant for bringing you 'fame'. Now when can we expect an item number from you?

Sqrl/TA said...

Patrix, my sruggling days are over. no item numbers here. Give me a call if you have a lead role. >:)

Ash said...

LOL, if I knew this meant so much for you, I'd have linked much sooner :)

Linking your Aventis on DesiPundit would not have got you as many click-trhoughs as this masala post did :)

Sqrl/TA said...

hehe. oh, Ash..how could you have not know..*sniff sniff* hehe

anyway, I sent it specifically to YOU that time because you are from a health related field..not that I wanted DP fame..:)

Sakshi said...

Ah...like you me too owe certain "blog links" to Ms. Sawant. Seriously where would we guys be without her.

I hereby welcome you to the "RSF" Club. Welcome abaord.

TC,
Sakshi

Sqrl/TA said...

Hey Sakshi!

I'd like to join your 'unofficial' virtual PR task force for spreading the word about Ms. Sawant. Where do I sign up ? ;)