Saturday, March 08, 2008

irobot

I am stuck in a room with no windows right now, with three machines buzzing around me like crazy. Do they have minds? Maybe they do. For the nth timethe instrument I work with decided to act up. It;s not the instrument's fault really, but once in a while, the computer that manages the instrument is not on talking terms with it, and decides to go on strike. And EVERY single time that happens, I happen to be using it.

When it happened for the millionth time today, I finally gave up and burst into tears. I called up A and sobbed about how the instrument has never ever co-operated with me, and I always have to spend more time than anyone else has to.

I hung up, and decided to give it one last try. And its back on. Its wierd. Did the instrument feel sorry for me? Maybe. I dont know what it is, but something tells me we need to get a new computer around here.

No comments: