Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Masala Turkey Meatloaf

I'm constantly looking for recipes that can have prep time less than 15 minutes, so when I heard about meatloaf from my labmate, it was something I knew I wanted to add to my regulars menu.

However, we are a decidedly desi household. ( BTW, awesome term for our kind, coined by Inkspillz: DITLAWM (Double Income Two Lazy Asses Without Maid) And so anything we eat has to have a ton of spices in it. Also turkey is a 'healthier option' than beef, so if this had to become a regular, it would have to be a turkey dish.

So I tried the following steps for a killer Masala Turkey Mealloaf ( Hence refered to as MTM)

The basic recipe is hers, which is to combine the meat, stock, breadcrumbs and some spices and bake at 375F.

a) Mix the following ingredients together

1lb ground turkey
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1tsp ginger garlic paste
1tsp coriander chutney
1tsp salt
1 cup egg beaters (equiv of 2 eggs)
1tsp any chicken gravy masala ( in my case it was a 'Malvani' masala from some shop in Mumbai. Does that mean the meatloaf becomes a Malvani Turkey Meatloaf? hmm)

Mash them together into a homogeneous paste and lay out thickly into a greased baking pan. The one I used was a square metal pan, 8x8x2 inch.

Bake @ 375 for 45 mins

Allow to cool. Enjoy with ketchup or gravy if you have the energy or patience to make it. If you want to make gravy, kindly google a recipe and let me know about it too!




No comments: