Monday, September 15, 2008

Step back and breathe

It is one of those days, where I keep doing an experiment and suddenly lose track of why I am doing it in the first place. It turns into a war. I HAVE to make it work, I HAVE to make it work, and finally I am not even sure why I started the experiment out in the first place. This time, now that I have realised it, I hope I approach things more rationally. And step back and breathe when needed. I am doing the same exact experiment, tweaking it here and there for the past five days, the last time this happened, tweaking went on for a year after which one day, everything just miraculously fell into place. I hope this time I don't have to go on for one year before I hit pay dirt. and oh yeah, that one year, was just 'method optimization' I still needed another month to analyze samples after that. Oh well such is science. It's true what TGFI says about science.

2 comments:

manuscrypts said...

maybe you need to leave signs for yourself to follow :)

sqrlnt said...

haha:) well yeah, we have a 'lab notebook' but somehow its hard to write 'breathe and step back' in there:)
i have taken today morning off , just to regroup...hopefully that counts..