Sunday, January 31, 2010

Buying books

I realized that I havent really bought a book in the past 9 months. They have been all bout the becoming a mom phenomenon. Trips to babies r us. Buying what to expect when you are expecting and devouring all kinds of parenting magazines. Add to that finishing the thesis and starting a new job.

Of course, I did read quite a few good books in the time. But they were ALL from the public library. Which is not a bad thing of course, but I think now I need to go back to buying a book. It's almost like if I don't buy now, my habit of buying books will stop.

So now the question is, what books to buy:

Mary Roach's Bonk and Stiff are already on the list, and perhaps the checklist book by Atul Gawande.

Hopefully I actually go through with the order and buy them.

I will. I will. I will.

Update: I bought them I bought them!!The first two that is.. And then some baby mittens and socks to bump the order up to $25.
Cannot wait for the books to show up!

2 comments:

Warren Buffet said...

Gawande just got $20K check from me.

sqrlnt said...

did he have to go to the buffet table to get it? :P:P