Saturday, September 04, 2010

Meal planning

These days we actually plan out our meals. The full week's menu. This from a couple that used to eat out almost every other day. We still haven't gone to the fresh home-cooked meals everyday, but at least we eat at home most of the time. More importantly, the trips to the grocery store have significantly reduced. Sunday morning routine is now 'make list, pack baby and stroll in the grocery store'.

What was very useful in all this planning was the 'couple's calendar' I picked up from BN probably two years ago. It has a his, hers and his and hers section, and does not have any dates on it. That's why I love it so much. I could buy it in 2008 and use it in 2010. Of course, the his section is now the dinner section, and the his and hers section is now the baby food section, but it still works.

As you can see, there is a lot of planning, and scheduling involved here (very organized..;). Also, the baby gets to eat healthy homemade ( and freezer stored) food every day. And mom isn't running around trying to make something for him because hey! she knows exactly what he is supposed to eat that day.

Hopefully this is still available at BN once I run out of pages on this one.

2 comments:

Ash said...

I do the same! I have a word doc on my computer that I update every weekend :)

sqrl said...

Hey Ash!
Nice to see you here. :D I didn't know someone read my blog yet. Well, you are wayy ahead of the curve missy. Maha organized I have to say.