I survived the first day.
Two days ago, I was all tensed up because I didn't know if would be able to get back on track with the whole 'get ready and out the door by 8am' with Aditya. Since his diet has changed substantially now, there is more food prep involved, as is eating breakfast and getting the whole daycare bag ready.
But it worked out. The fact that I couldn't get much sleep last night worked to my advantage. Here's what happened yesterday and this morning. Notice how things are broken down in 15 minute blocks. That's how tight things get for me to make it.
Mon Jan 31, 2011
- 5pm - 5:30pm Back home: Baby VERY tired. Grandma feeds baby snack, while parents get their coffee.
- 5:30pm - 7pm Play time with Baby: Chasing around the house, climbing stairs and reading books.
- 7pm - 7:15pm Dinner for Baby! Rice and Lentil with Veggies. yumm.
- 7:15pm - 7:30pm A little play time before bath and bed.
- 7:30pm - 8pm March upstairs for bath and Bedtime
- 8pm Baby cozy in crib
- 8:15pm - 8:45pm Dinner for the adults.
- 9pm - 10pm Get Baby's stuff ready for tomorrow: Prepare formula, rice and lentil␣mix for lunch. Cheese and cereal for snacks.
- 10pm - 11pm Upstairs for some Zs!
- 6am - 6:30am Wake up! Shower, coffee and reheat Baby's meal.
- 6:30am - 6:45am Start making baby's breakfast: Mashed bananas with wheat cereal
- 7am - 7:15am Baby UP! Sponge baby down and dress him up.
- 7:15am - 7:30am Get downstairs,Grandma feeds breakfast, while I get ready for work.
- 7:30am - 7:45am Of course we have a poop diaper! Change that. Get trash out the door.
- 7:45am - 8am Get baby bundled up and OUT THE DOOR!
Now as you can see, things went quite smooth sailing. We had two things working for us: 1) Baby fell asleep with 15 minutes of rocking, and 2)My mom was in charge of preparing dinner for the adults, so we could focus on baby related things until 8pm.
It is going to be a challenge to squeeze cooking and doing the dishes in between 8 pm and 10 pm. When the baby is awake 100% attention has to be given to him, since its only 1.5 hours in a day that we get with him anyway. But if as usual we cook only every other day and get our teamwork approach in full aggression, we should have a schedule by the beginning of next week.